Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Spectre x2 and Micro SDXC

HP Recommended

Hi

I recently bought a Spectre x2 (Product number: F7T43EA#ABU) and the manual says it has a Micro Sd slot but not wether is will support Micro SD, Micro SDHD and or Micro SDXC.  I don't want to spend money on a card that is not supported so which of these will it take.  I really want a 64GB SDXC card.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David1963,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you have some questions regarding the card readers in your Spectre X2. Yes, I did say card readers as the Micro card reader is in the tablet section and the base has a regular card reader. You will be able to use the standard SDXC card in the base and a Micro SD card in the tablet. There is a layout on page 7 and 13 of the Maintenance and Service Guide that will show you where they both are.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply but it is still not clear.

Firstly, the link you placed in the reply is to the Split x2 manual and not the Spectre x2 manual.  I think the wrong document is uploaded on the HP Spectre x2 support/downloads page as I have seen this a few times on this forum.

Secondly, and due to the above, the imformation on the referred pages is not correct.

I have my Spectre x2 in front of me as I type and the tablet portion does indeed have a Micro SD slot and I still need to know if this takes Micro SD, Micro SDHC or Micro SDXC, some or all of these standards.  It is not in any of the documents supplied electronically with my Spectre x2 which are also wrong as the layout in these diagrams is different from reality.  The document reference for the supplied pdf manual is "Document Part Number: 741464-001"

The real situation for the hardware I have is that the base/keyboard part of my Spectre x2 does not have a second full-size SD slot.  It has  USB and HDMI on the left hand side as I type and the power, audio and second USB slot on the right hand side along with a micro LED.  There are no slots or connector on the front or rear of the base/keyboard section.

So, can you confirm the Micro SD format supported in the tablet part of my Spectre x2.

Many thanks

David

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

If you have a Micro SD slot it will support all Micro SD cards.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation