Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IzelTokatl Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 15 - Wifi Drops when display is closed.

Spectre x360 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15t (2016 skylake) model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly. 

The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue? 

It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load. 

I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining? 

Help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @IzelTokatl,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Spectre x360 15t Notebook and issues with the Wireless disabling. Try these steps.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

source

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
IzelTokatl Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your help!

I did what you suggested, then rebooted. I plugged my laptop into my external monitor, and then payed attention to my my wifi strength. it went from a full 3 bars while the laptop screen was open. Then when I closed the lid all the way it still drops to 1 or 0 bars and then web pages stop working. The wifi is on, its just not getting any reception? 

The funny thing is even if I have the laptop lid cracked open a half inch, I get full bars, but when I close it shut completely it almost drops wifi. Again, I already had the original x360 15t replaced with this one, and they both reacted the same way? Is this a known issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @IzelTokatl,

This shows you how to enable away mode. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer or close the lid. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation