Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jaasa Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 i7 too hot to handle

Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I purchased my spectre about 1 week ago. I've noticed however, that each time I've used it, even for basic web browsing or word processing, that the bottom of my laptop gets so hot - too hot to have on my lap... And too hot to even pick up.

Ive just been using it, and this time it was so hot, I had to shut down as I was worried. It took a good 5 minutes to cool down befor I could touch it even. Also, my keyboard was getting quite warm as I was using it - which prompted me to feel underneath.

could someone please contact me about this. I'm an IT professional, and have spoken to others in the field as well - it seems to be a common problem. However, mine seems to be the only one I've come across that is literally too hot to touch.

it seems to overheat with just 30 minutes use or so - sometimes it takes a bit long to over heat- but always within an hour. I've not used it for anything too processor intensive yet - as I tend to use my otherg laptop for that.

I look forward to hearing from you. I'd prefer a response by email, as I don't tend to log into the Hp website.

thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaasa

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9633 9625 7 161
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

12/14/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
0 Kudos
anishmathew Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too have the same problem. I updated the BIOS and also I installed coolsense. Nothing helps

( Model : Spectre x360 i7 4116dx (ENERGY STAR) ,      512 GB SSD , 16 GB RAM , QHD Display , Limited Edition Model with black and gold body)

The laptop cannot be kept in lap. It is getting too hot even to touch on the left side.

I am planning to return this , before that, I would like to know if this issue is addressed.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1439
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation