Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Spill

Product Name: Notebook PC 13 Energy Stream
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
I had a customer spill a drink on my laptop yesterday. It seems like it still works, but some keyboard buttons don't work. Where can I take it? What can I do to replace anything that needs replacing?
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: Spill

@balutacris

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here are some tips on dealing with water damage: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/you-just-spilled-water-or-coffee-on-your-laptop-heres-what-you-should-d...

However ... it's most likely that SOME damage was done, regardless of how quickly you turned off the laptop and what you did afterward.

The ONLY way to know for sure is to take or send it to an HP Service Center and pay a LOT of money for them to run full diagnostics on it, and after that, to disassemble it to repair or replace any damaged components.

And, if the motherboard is damaged, the cost of repair can easily exceed the cost of replacing the laptop -- because (as far as I know) water damage is NOT covered under the warranty.

Here is information on the Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation