Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Broom97 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spilled my coffee on my laptop's keyboard

Hp notebook
Hi
I spilled my coffee on my keyboard. I made all the appropriate steps and i would like to know if it can be fixed by warranty.. I bought it only a month ago.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Broom97 wrote:
Hi
I spilled my coffee on my keyboard. I made all the appropriate steps and i would like to know if it can be fixed by warranty.. I bought it only a month ago.

Hi,

Your option is either send it to a local tech shop or send it to HP. Problem is water spillage including coffee is not covered by hardware warranty. IF you decided to send it for repair to HP, MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM IT IS A COFFEE SPILLAGE so it will be tagged properly. My friend back then sent his computer for repair because of coffee spillage. After a couple of days HP repair sent it back to him with a tag stating that the package is contagious. He then found out that HP repair center thought it was a urine spillage and sent it back (For hazardouz precautions not knowing that it is indeed a coffee spillage)

Note: Coffee spill could smell like a urine in the long period of time.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Broom97 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So do you know how much will it cost to fix it?
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Broom97 wrote:
So do you know how much will it cost to fix it?

Usually it costs around 300 to 400 plus state tax if you have one..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
55 1 13
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you paid for Accidental,  then yes.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14028 1326 3146
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty issues.  Nor are we authorized to provide repair estimates.

For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1
If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

----------- However -------------

If you want to take some steps yourself BEFORE sending it to HP, here are some things you can do:  http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/you-just-spilled-water-or-coffee-on-your-laptop-heres-what-you-should-d...

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation