cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
b_stone_01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Split x2 battery life

HP Recommended

My split x2 charges both batterys to 100%, but  when i use the laptop only battery 2 drains, so battey 2 (in the keyboard) drops to 0 the keyboard stops working and battery 1 still shows 90-100%.  Is there a setting to make it run both batteries down equally. plus i dont get a low battery warning because when battery 1 is 100% and 2 is 0% it shows 50% battery life. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GeorgeFN
Level 7
Level 7
879 878 37 104
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the sounds of your issue, you might want to take a look at this HP article, follow the instructions,  and then install the softpaq at the end.  This should help.

Battery Capacity Suddenly Drops from 31% to 0%

Although you didn't mention the battery dropping from 31%, you did  say that the battery in the keyboard drains without a low battery warning.

Thanks,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
Andycambsuk
Level 1
7 5 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get exactly the same problem - the response mentions a sudden drop in keyboard battery which neither I nor the original poster mentioned. In anycase the update listed isn't permitted on my set (option to update the BIOS not possible).

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation