Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sporadic "No Network Connection" Issues

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

We have broadband set up at home and my laptop will just connect to it via wi-fi. The only issues I've had is when the broadboand has been down - which is to be expected.

However, over the last 1-2 months, I'll switch my laptop on and the symbol of a PC with a red X in the corner will display on the welcome page straight awy. When I log in, I cannot connect to any internet at all. I just constantly get the 'No Internet Connection' status. So... I'll shut down, restart the laptop ... and it's fine. Connects to the internet straight away.

It's OK for a couple of days and then... bam ... no internet connection. Shut Down. Turn On. Fine.

It can't be the broadband router or anything like that as other devices like my mobile, or my brother's laptop stay connected and don't seem to have any issues. Plus, if there was issue with the router, surely the internet wouldn't work when I restart the PC. 

I can't be doing with having to shut down and restart my laptop every day. Any ideas?

Help greatly appreciated - and apologies for the lack of techincal knowledge/jargon.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ComedyClaire12,

Welcome to HP Forums! It is a great place to post questions.

I understand that you need to restart your laptop to connect to Internet every time when you need to access Internet. I want to help you fix this problem.

Please review the document below:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎

Follow the steps on the link to troubleshoot the problem.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately this has not helped ... in fact I cannot connect to the internet or wi-fi at all now no matter how many times I restart the laptop.

As I said, there can't be an issue with the wifi because all of our other devices are picking the signal up fine.

I watched the video you suggested and it says to go to Network Connection and click connect to a wireless networl but that option is not there for me.

Help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ComedyClaire12,

Thank you for  the reply!

Have you tried to re-install the wireless network adapter driver? You can download the latest driver here by putting in your product number: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers

Download the driver and install the .exe. Let me know if it helps.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation