cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AAnsell
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Startup Lockup

HP Recommended

Hoping this is in the right section, if not, i'll move it

A couple hours ago from this post, i restarted my Dv6-6136tx and when it was booting, it made a constant beeping with only pauses inbetween each beep.

I eventually got it too boot up, but when i got into windows and started typing, there is a constant spam of "2" when i havn't pressed the button. It seems to be caused by the number pad, as when i turn 'num lock' off, it starts to scroll down.

Could these issuse be related? Any help would be great, as im typing off my phone and i hate not being able to use a computer.

Thanks, Aj

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
redlofredlof
Level 7
Level 7
804 780 69 165
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like something to do with your notebook keyboard.

DOes the Number 2 key feel sticky to you?

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
AAnsell
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The key doesn't feel sticky at all. Currently have the laptop on testing it and while it does not have a spam of 2 or scroll down, a few of the other numberpad keys are not working

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation