Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,712 Views)

Status: 0xc0000225. Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

HP Pavilion DV4 2106-tx Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

I formatted the laptop a year ago using recovery discs and the recovery manager. Worked like a charm.

Now its messed up and I dont know why.

I need to format the system again, I use Recovery Manager to restore laptop to factory settings.It gives two options either to use recovery discs or recovery partition.

After I choose either of two , it restarts and an error comes:

"Windows Boot Manager" : In this screen it displays

'Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause . To fix the problem:

1. Insert the windows installatio disc and restart your computer.

2.Choose the language settingsnad then click next.

3.Click "Repair your computer".

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Also my DVD RW Drive (AD-7701H) isn't detecting any DVD.

PS: I had created a partition H: from C:

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (4,686 Views)

Re: Status: 0xc0000225. Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

[ Edited ]

Hello Mike10211989.  I understand you're having some problems booting into Windows after performing a Recovery.  Is this correct?

Windows seems to be having some problems reading that certain file from the hard drive.  To begin I would like you to use the built in hard drive diagnostic to make sure there isn't a hardware problem with the drive.  This document covers performing this test.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have a Happy Holiday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation