Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kristen84 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Stream Notebook Will Not Charge

HP Stream 13-c00
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I attempted to contact HP is regard to the issue that I am experiencing, but cannot as my warranty expired on 6/22/16.  I'm hoping someone e here can provide insight.  When I turned my Stream on this afternoon, it wouldn't boot.  Odd, since it was fully charged last night, so I went ahead and plugged it in.  Upon doing so, I encountered a black screen stating my internal battery was nearly at capacity.  What precisely does that mean?  I am able to use the notebook as long as I keep it plugged in.  Also, while plugged in I receive a message stating that it's connected to a power source and the battery is not charging.  The moment I unplug it, it shuts down.

I'm more than upset in regard to this new and unwanted development.  The notebook is only 15 months old.  Is there any way to salvage it or am I looking at buying a new one?  I've always used HP desktops,laptops, and notebooks; now I will never purchase one again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

4 REPLIES
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 144
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

When you hover the mouse cursor to the battery icon? What does it say? Plug in not charging? If yes then follow the steps here

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-update-prevents-batt...

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Kristen84 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

Yes, that's what it says.  The link you provided though is for Windows 10 and I have 8.  Is the information provided in that post relevant to me despite the difference in Windows versions?  Sorry, I'm not exactly a computer expert. 

0 Kudos
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 144
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Kristen84 wrote:

Yes, that's what it says.  The link you provided though is for Windows 10 and I have 8.  Is the information provided in that post relevant to me despite the difference in Windows versions?  Sorry, I'm not exactly a computer expert. 

The fix should work Both Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 again IF you are getting Plug in not charging.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1556 131 294
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

If you press F2 while powering up, it will enter the diagnostic utility and there is a component test for the battery. 

If the battery is defective, there are replacements available, it would require some disassembly to access it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation