Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (6,529 Views)

Stream Notebook will NOT turn on

I closed my laptop, without shutting it down (sleep mode) and when I went back to turn it on it would not come on. The power button lights up, but the screen never turns on and the caps lock button is flashing on and off. I have held the power button down to try and restart it, but it has yet to turn on again. I have charged it, but obviously the battery isnt the issue since the power button is lit up and the caps lock button is flashing. I've only had this computer for maybe 1.5 months. I need to get this fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (6,522 Views)

Re: Stream Notebook will NOT turn on

Follow the instructions on the following HP document. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-stream-13-c000-notebook-pc/7372147/document/c01732674/

What color is the power led?

If any of my posts help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (6,517 Views)

The power led is the normal white color, assuming that is what you mean. The only other thing lit is the flashing caps lock button, which is also flashing the same color.

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (6,484 Views)

Did you try the hard reset notebook with nonremoveable battery?

If any of my posts help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

Student
Message 5 of 6 (6,109 Views)

Mine is doing the same.  I shut down and I got a promt saying that it would shut down afer updates had been downloaded and now the device will not power on.  I push the power button and it blinks 3 times with about 5-7 second between each blink.  Device is plugged in and I have  white light indicating that it is charging but can get no response.  Device is only appx. 4 months old.  Would love to have some help!

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (6,073 Views)

@Courtney_05

If you have tried the hard reset procedures as described in the link I provided in my previous post, then your best option is to contact HP for warranty support.

Use one of the links on the following web document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Stream-13-c000-Notebook-PC/7372147/model/7698582#...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation