Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 15-ba009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ok so my mother gave me money to buy a new laptop because the other laptop hard drive failed on me, the hp notebook 15-ba009dx was a step up from my older one and it was cheap so I bought that one. A few days later the left mouse button starts acting weird and then it stuck. Not a big deal I have an external mouse.

Now 3 weeks after I bought this laptop brand new mind you the os starts acting funny and everytime I turn off the computer the boot time is ridiculous but im still able to use it. Ok now im somewhat annoyed. Ill say 5 days after that I tried to boot my laptop and it kept saying preparing automatic repair and restarting so I went to bios and did a hard drive quick scan.

Not even 5 minutes in it says short dst failed. Nice. I currently have a warranty thats 11 months is left on and I was wondering if this could be repaired or replaced.

Sorry for the long rant, its just ridiculous when a brand new laptop has this many issues in one month.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @ITIJSU

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer was taking a long time to boot and the left click was stuck. 

Kudos to you for running a system test on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried to contact our phone support?

As you have run a system test and the HDD test has failed and the HDD needs to replaced.

Request you backup all your important data on your computer and contact our phone support for any service options available for your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.