cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
48 35 2 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Support Assistant

HP Recommended

When I run the new Support Assistant and try to click on "Check for HP Updates Now" there is a flag that comes up and says "Stopping operation. Please wait...". Well I wait and wait but it never stops the operation. I've reinstalled HPSA several times and I get the same results.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,899 16,778
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by using the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the following link - this is particularly useful in correcting issues that may prevent reinstallation on machines running a 64bit OS.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
48 35 2 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well that seems to have solved that problem. Thanks. Is there a program that will check registry keys for problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,899 16,778
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

There are plenty of programs ( paid for and free ) that will analyse the registry and delete inconsistencies, however they can often cause more problems than they solve, so my best advice would b to avoid these.  If you do want to try such a utility, there is a registry cleaning utility included with the free application ccleaner.  There is an option to back-up changes before any registry entries are removed and I recommend doing this.

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
48 35 2 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. We'll concider this problem solved. However you were helping me with a problem of one of my laptops that would not connect to the internet. Is there any other options?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
50 42 0 4
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where can I download the 32bit version of the Hp Support assistant,  for my Hp Envy X2, it anoying I can force a check for updates but am forced to wait for some reason ???

Bad Hp Software codeing ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 988
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@paulmathews, it should matter if you have 32 or 64 it's all in one package. You can use this HPSA for 64 and32 bit (Win7/8.)

THX

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation