Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In the interest of full disclosure -- the HP Wireless Assistance screen shot was from 6510B laptop which exibited the symptomps discussed previosuly -- specifically the touch button which should norrmally glow blue not responding to a tap.

Many other laptops may have mechnical switch which controls the internal Wi Fi radio. One way or another this isn't some Windows bocks one checks and voila the thing works 😞

HP Recommended
i tried that but "wireless is off"
HP Recommended
i am using hp note 3 model 15-ay031TU but says wireless off... after pressing windows button and x simultaneously...
HP Recommended

After the update of my Pavilion dv7 i7 laptop to win10 (from win 7) the f12 keyboard touch became an Airplanemode on/off switch. And since there my Wifi stopped working. I can access network only via LAN wire.

HP Recommended

Dear friend, I can realise your actual problem... 

Now follow this instructions please...

1. Shut Down your laptop and leave it for five seconds...

2. Press the power key.

3. As soon as the welcome screen shows the logo of hp, you can able to see on the screen bottom left side ' Press Esc to pause startup'. As soon as you see that, start pressing Esc until you see the note, 'Startup paused.

4.Startup menu will open. Press Bios Setup(F10)

5.Bios Setup page will open. You can find the Headings with Main, Security, Diagos... etc. Go to the exit by pressing right arrow key.

6.Then using lower arrow key, go to 'Load Setup default' and press enter key.

7.The promt will come out and then press 'Yes'

8.Then using upper arrow key, save the changes and exit.. 

After that your laptop will automatically take a restart.. If it doesn't, wait for 10 sec more and press the power button and start your laptop....

Now, remember, now you have no need to use the touchpad now.....

Note:To turn off or turn on your Bluetooth and Wifi service 

Windows 7 or lower users,,, Use HP Wireless Assistant that can you download from hp website. 

Windows 8 users... Take the mouse right side of screen and swipe down.. Then you can find action centre...

Windows 10 users... Use the Notification centre at the right side bottom...

Hope your problem will be solved...

HP Recommended
Thanks much ir works!
Soumyaditya, I highly aporeciate.
HP Recommended

I had a similar issue with my HP 6910p running windows 10 Home build 1709 where I pressed the wireless button on the panel and thereafter could not enable wifi again.Tried wireless assistant but all options were grey'ed out so couldn't start the wifi this way.

I managed to resolve this problem by going into 'settings', 'network & internet', 'status'.

In the status screen, under the 'troubleshooting' option, you will see an option 'Network Reset'. Select this and the system will reset all network adapters.System will advise that pc will reboot in 5 mins.

Hope this works for you 🙂

HP Recommended

It's working fine.. thanks brother

HP Recommended

Hello everyone am trying to turn on my WiFi but the button on my laptop doesn’t work, am trying to get to hp wireless assistant but do I have to be hooked up to the Ethernet through wire to launch the program? Will not appear in my control panel>network sharing center

HP Recommended

those links arent working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.