Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It works with one finger on the first account, but with the second account it does not and the two finger does not scroll properly.

HP Recommended

I can't hide the updates to the Synaptics TouchPad Driver. The "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package say me that there aren't available updates.

I get the version 18 driver and it fix the touchpad problem but I can't block the update and I came back to the problem.

Thank you for any answer.

HP Recommended

OMG!!!  You are a GENIUS!  I have been surfing the internet for months.  Just when I was about to say #%*$ IT!!  I found your instructional fix.

Many Thanks!!

I bow to you my Grace.  :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2114sa & have just updated from Window 7 to 10, & the touchpad scroll no longer functions as a result, I have tried to look for the Version 18 synaptic software but it is not visable to me, when i'm asked to state which machine I have it states the only OS option is Windows 7 & therefore won't provide a link to version 18 touchpad software, it will only provide a version 14 download which is older than the version I have already installed.

What do I do?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Will this remedy fix same issue on my HP ProBook 4520s as well?

Thanks,

PS

Thanks & Regards,
HP Recommended

Well, I have tried this and able to scroll in Windows default apps but using this I also encountered an issue of NOT CLICKING (Single or Double click) on taping on touch pad.

For that I had to use LEFT Click button provided seperately below the touch pad.

Thanks & Regards,
HP Recommended

I resolved this issue by unistalling windows 10 & reinstating 7, best desision by far, 7 is much better.

HP Recommended

Thank you for those drivers and for that answer!

Thanks to that, I can use now w10 in my *old* hp laptop

Another way to instal the former drivers (v18) instead of using that windows app to "hide" some updates, would be just to uninstall the current version to install the v18 and then let it update automatically. Afterwards you could simply use the roll back option to get the previous version (v18) of the driver and the system won't install next versions offered through windows update.

HP Recommended

Eureka !!!  Fixed my two-finger scroll issue on my dv6-1230us laptop.  Thanks

Nyquist
HP Recommended
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/

follow this link and enter the correct serial number of hp laptop.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.