cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BumKicker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Board replacement

HP Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use Blender Cycles GPU rendering. It only works with Nividia CUDA cards. I have an ATI Radeon card. This card is soldered to the system board so I think swaping it is not an option. Can I replace the whole system board for one that has an Nvidia CUDA compatibale GPU on it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
41,041 39,520 6,148 10,661
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Board replacement

Need the model number but the only way possible is if the same model series had an nVidia card option and you would have to locate and install that motherboard. Laptop motherboards are "one-off". The OEM designs them from the ground up and basically the motherboard defines the model series so you can only have what was offered on your model series e.g. dv6-3000 series. 

0 Kudos
BumKicker Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Board replacement

Thanks Huffer for your very prompt reply. The HP support system seems to be down at the moment but I have the System SKU number - A7N52EA#ABU Model - HP Pavilion dv6-6c77sa.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation