Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rebbig1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Diagnostics

HP ENVY 15t-q100 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Envy 15t laptop, and the original battery seems to not be functioning properly (the initial charge is quite low and the laptop does not last a long time).  I bought a new battery to remedy this issue, and I was hoping to do a calibration test.  While doing this, I ran into a strange problem.

For some reason, when I try to access the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (by pressing ESC on bootup, followed by F2), it looks different now than it did before (I don't think it's because of the new battery before though, since I still had the old menu even with the new battery at some point).  The old menu used to be more of a GUI style, something like Figure 9 in the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Now though, under HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, it doesn't look like a GUI (it's more text based), and I only have the following options: Memory Test, Hard Drive Check, Language, Exit.  I no longer see a "Components" option, and I certainly cannot access the Battery option from within Components (since the Components option is missing).  Any ideas about why this is the case?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
49213 9748 16562
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Diagnostics

Hi,

Try installing the latest hardware diagnostics uefi package on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76284.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Rebbig1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Diagnostics

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I tried to install it using the partition option (it was the recommended option).  I restarted the computer, hit ESC, and then F2.  The menu still seems to be the same (i.e., text-based and it has the same 4 options: Memory Test, Hard Drive Check, Language, Exit).

Is there a way for me to verify that it actually installed properly (e.g., I see that the latest version online is 6.1.1.0, should this show up in some place in the BIOS system startup menu?).  Should I choose the USB option instead (if so, can I do the same operations with the partition and USB installation methods, or is the USB option limited in some way)?

By the way, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but in the Systems Diagonostics menu, it says that my BIOS version is 1.9.0.0.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation