cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TDrew
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

System Recovery

HP Recommended
QE074UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop will not start, i bought a USB recovery to restore my operating system. during the process, i keep getting this error message "windows cannot find 'D:\system.sav\Util\RStone.exe"

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,962 9,858 797 3,832
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Did you perform some hardware changes to the PC ?

If you entercounter such an issue, this is most likely a faulty USB recovery drive. Please, contact HP for assistance and possible replacement of the USB drive

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
TDrew
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No i did not perform hardware changes,..My laptop was working fine, i took 30 days vacation when i came back and tried to start it , it wont start so i purchase a recovery system ...now I pluged the usb it giving me an error message "windowscannot findD:\system.sav\Util\RStone.exe

0 Kudos
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,962 9,858 797 3,832
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Contact HP and ask for a replacement media

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation