Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
anddreaferns Tutor
Tutor
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

HP Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to create a system repair disc from the control panel but when I click create repair disc in control panel  I receive an error message saying system repair disc could not be created . The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)  Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3985 3975 381 829
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

Hello.

A system repair CD or DVD made in Backup and Restore in Control Panel will not work anyway on a UEFI BIOS.

Don't know why you get error.

Best bet is make a Win 7 install USB stick.  And then you can run recovery stuff same as on the system repair disc you cannot make by using the Win 7 USB stick

You can download Win 7 for your PC at Heidoc.

The Grzy

0 Kudos
anddreaferns Tutor
Tutor
11 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.  PLease can you explain how to do this?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3985 3975 381 829
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

Hello.

Thank you also.

Go to this Heidoc site and download correct Windows 7 version for your PC.

Click on this link to download .ISO downloader.exe.

Run program and select correct Operating System for your PC.

If program does not start Win 7 download then click on copy link for correct operating system and start download from Microsoft website by pasting link in new browser window.

Then, after download of Windows 7 .ISO,  download Rufus here. Start Rufus and create bootable Windows 7 media on USB drive using Fat32 file system. Locate the Windows 7 .ISO on HDD to direct Rufus to for this to happen.

Thr Grzy

0 Kudos
anddreaferns Tutor
Tutor
11 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

Will I loose anything on my PC files etc or will everything remain the same?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3985 3975 381 829
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Repair Disc

Hello.

You will not lose files depending on your repair selection.

You must understand what each option does.

This process is at your own risk and is the same as using the failed repair disc you could not create in the Control Panel.

The Grzy

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation