Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp envy notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My administration account is saying it's disabled so I'm trying to do a systems recovery. As I reboot it I press F11 and as it says "F11 systems recovery...." in the bottom left corner, but it never loads the the recovery menu.

1. How do I fix my administratior account from being disabled?

2. If it is through systems recovery how do I load the menu? because F11 isn't loading it.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Gerks23

Did your Envy originally have Windows 8 or 8.1?

Are you saying you cannot enter Windows at all as your user account is Administrative and it is completely disabled?

If you rapidly tap the Esc key to bring up the Startup Menu and then press F11, does anything happen?

If not and you did not create your recovery media, you should still be able to reinstall Windows 8.1 via the Microsoft Media Creation Tool

Install the tool on another computer to then create a USB installer (4 GB min required).

The installation should be able to see the activation key that's embedded in the bios. During installation, if it asks for the key, choose to Skip that and finish the install. When done, it will connect to the MS Servers and activate during updates.

You need to choose the same version of Windows that was installed before.

Example: Windows 8.1 Home 64 bit.

You will have to manually install the drivers after.

If you will post the full model number or product number, I can point you to the drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.