Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Coretex Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T610 Thin Clients

Hello.

Currently we are running about 40 T610 Thin Clients using the Win7 Embedded Image.

I have made a simple configuration image by setting it up to automatically RDP to one of our servers in Kiosk Mode, and copying the image using the HP tool to a flash drive.

I then booted each thin client from that USB drive to roll out the image.

After a long and repetitive procedure of rolling out the configuration, we have started experencing some issues.

Many of the T610s have started either bluescreening on startup - not allowing the unit to be used at all.

Also, many of the thin clients experience a trust relationship issue.

Both issues I fix by reimaging them completely.

The issue is recurring, and doesn't show signs of slowing down at all.

We run Sophos Antivirus on all machines, and to prevent them from having to update too often, we run the clients with the write filter disabled.

Can anyone advise as to what we need to do to prevent these systems from failing at the rate they currently are?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
chadlawver Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T610 Thin Clients

Hi Coretex,

A few things that may help us help you...

-Are there any errors immediately after you image from USB?

-When you get the blue screen, what message are you receiving along with it?

-On a blue screened unit, are you able to boot into safe mode and access event viewer? 

-Please elaborate on the trust relationship issue.  What are you accessing, and do you receive an error message?

Potential Work Around:  For a fleet of 40, it may be helpful to set up HP Device Manager and start from scratch.  This will enable you to image all 40 units at once within about a half hour.  Start from a factory image, reconfigure it your kiosk image, and then deploy it to all your units.  The software is free and fairly easy to set up.

-Chad

0 Kudos
karchambault Tutor
Tutor
11 6 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T610 Thin Clients

I keep going in circles. I want to download the thin client imaging tool and a HP image, and find nothing but documents.

I have a T610 that will not allow users from the domain to log on. So, I want to reimage it. It was put together by a former IT member and I have no idea what he did to restrict use. I could add the domain user to the local admin group but as soon as I did, jthe user name turned into an unknown SID...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kerry

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation