cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sa24
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

TPM has dissapeared after BIOS upgrade

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, very FRUSTRATING and wierd!!!

We have about 30 HP ProBook 450 G1.

BIOS shows that  -some of them have TPM, some of them not.

We have even unscrew couple of laptops to compare - everything is the same, even motherboard part number!!!

The only differency we found was a BIOS versions:

1. With TPM - BIOS v 1.05

2. Without TPM - BIOS v 1.31

We tried to upgrade BIOS version 1.05 of a laptop with TPM  to BIOS v 1.31--- and TPM has dissapred from BIOS!!! I mean you cannot enable it anymore. It does not show TPM under security TAB anymore.

The most frustrating part is that we cannot downgrade BIOS versions!!!!! Tried different methos: to run older BIOS driver, to update it from USB -nothing works!!! Probably "Due to a change in the Bootblock of BIOS version 1.06, you cannot downgrade BIOS versions 1.06 and above (1.07 and 1.08) to versions 1.05 and below."

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04329619

Dear HP, what should we do????

We bought laptops with TPM - now we don't have them!!!

Should we return all laptops and go with Dell???

Regards, 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
lasvegaswireman
Level 15
9,487 9,431 1,671 4,709
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

I have sent your concern to the HP Forum Moderators for review and possible escalation. Please keep an eye out for a PM (private message) from an official HP representative.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation