cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rustbucket2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The Black Screen error on startup

Pavillion dv6t-7000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer has been running slow for a few days now and yesterday it completely froze up so I held down the power button until it powered down and tried to boot it back up again. It did the windows loading screen for about 15 seconds and then the screen went black and all I had was a cursor on a black screen. Fan still running, keyboard lights still on, CD drive spins up. I have tried a hard reset with the battery out, I don't have an external monitor to try, I tried reseating the RAM, I tried updating the BIOS, I ran the memory and hard drive test, and nothing has worked so far. Anything else you've got would be appreciated.

I have a care pack that is still good but I am in Chile until August. Would it still be possible to file a claim and have it taken care of? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
75 73 5 18
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

As you have tried all posible troubleshooting steps which did not fix. 

Last 2 things what you can try is System Restore and System Recovery 

still if you have the same issue, then the computer has to send to the HP service center.

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The system failed to restore and it said "an unspecified erroor occurred during system restore. (0x80070570)". There was only one restore date available. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
75 73 5 18
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HI,

If the system restore has failed then the last option would be System recovery. Which will reinstall the OS (operating system)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-7000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5226230/mo...

if system recovery also failes then computer has to send to HP service center.

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had to do the factory reset. It's working now, thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation