Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to use HP Notebook System BIOS Update (available here) to update the BIOS of my laptop to F.25 Rev.A version, the option is disabled like show in the picture.

How can I solve the problem?

BIOS.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AlexSP wrote:

When I try to use HP Notebook System BIOS Update (available here) to update the BIOS of my laptop to F.25 Rev.A version, the option is disabled like show in the picture.

BIOS.jpg

I was able to solve the problem using the System Diagnostic features (ESC + F2) during system initialization.

You HP guys should take a look at HP Notebook System BIOS Update software because the program is not work as expected.

You can check this HP document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Dear AlexSP,

If your current BIOS version is higher than the version you want to install, the update feature will disabled automatically. You can update your BIOS with newer version only.

HP Recommended

AlexSP

Some questions:  

1. Is your product in Warranty?

2. Do you know how the BIOS was corrupted? 

HP PCs - HP BIOS Application Selected Is Corrupt or Missing

Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external storage device

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The BIOS version was F.11

HP Recommended

ALEX SP

please made it Create Recovery USB flash drive 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

@go2 wrote:

AlexSP

Some questions:  

1. Is your product in Warranty?

2. Do you know how the BIOS was corrupted? 

HP PCs - HP BIOS Application Selected Is Corrupt or Missing

1. My laptop is in Warranty

2. The BIOS was not corrupted. I was just trying to update to a new version.

HP Recommended

@AlexSP wrote:

BIOS.jpg

I was able to solve the problem using the System Diagnostic features (ESC + F2) during system initialization.

You HP guys should take a look at HP Notebook System BIOS Update software because the program is not work as expected.

You can check this HP document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 

HP Recommended

@AlexSP wrote:

@AlexSP wrote:

BIOS.jpg

Press the power button while holding the Windows and B keys for approximately one to three seconds.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays showing the progress of the update.
If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, find your condition from the following options and then follow the steps for that condition:

For the next bios update

download the bios with your IEor edge

deactivate the Internet Security

Run the Update

HP Recommended

Same here: "The bios update is blocked on this device"

AND the BIOS download does not create a bootable BIOS update USB stick. It is not listed in the bootable devices section in the BIOS.

So how am I supposed to succeed with the BIOS update?

HP Recommended

@David-P wrote:

Same here: "The bios update is blocked on this device"

AND the BIOS download does not create a bootable BIOS update USB stick. It is not listed in the bootable devices section in the BIOS.

So how am I supposed to succeed with the BIOS update?

Contact Oficial HP Support for support on this as this is HP user forum only.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.