cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Buck16115 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The case on my m7-j020dx laptop clip is broken at both outside corners by the hinges.

HP Envy TouchSmart 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

The case clips that hold the laptop bottom together at the screen hinges are broken on both sides.  It is clearly a design flaw.  I don't even use the touch screen because the problem is severe and I can't lose use of the computer.  I would reason that case part replacements would be required to make the repair.  What can I do to repair the computer?  Are case replacement parts available?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The case on my m7-j020dx laptop clip is broken at both outside corners by the hinges.

Hi @Buck16115,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  

In your post, you had said that currently your HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook and needing parts for the Display. Here is a link to your service manual page 28 shows part numbers and how to replace them. 

Here is a link to order the parts. You might need to change the Country location.

Please let me know if this helps.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation