Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-af173nr (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The color on videos ( like youtube and netflix) disappears when i plug it in ( to charge) then immeadiately returns when i plug out. What do I do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi allysc73,

Try this:

1. Settings
  2. System
  3. Display
  4. Scroll down to Display Adapter Properties
  5. Catalyst Control Center
  6. Video
  7. Color
  8. Restore Defaults

Regards,

kem579

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi allysc73,

Try this:

1. Settings
  2. System
  3. Display
  4. Scroll down to Display Adapter Properties
  5. Catalyst Control Center
  6. Video
  7. Color
  8. Restore Defaults

Regards,

kem579

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, however your solution failed. I followed all of your steps, but the result is the same. Do you have any other ways to fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi allysc73,

That's quite strange. Did you make sure to restart the laptop?

Try this:

1. Search up Device Manager
  2. Expand Display Adapters
  3. Right click the graphics card entity
  4. Hit Uninstall Device (Don't worry it will automatically reinstall)
  5. Restart

Regards,

kem579

HP Recommended

I played around with the custum adjusters (colors and hues) and it worked out for me. I think your solution better suits cases where the user manually messes with their color.  But thank you very much, I would have never fixed this without you help.

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me and it was so easy I just uninstalled the graphics card and lo & behold when I did the restart the videos are appearing in color.  Thanks so much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.