Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
allysc73 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The color on videos disappears when it's being charged.

HP Notebook - 15-af173nr (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The color on videos ( like youtube and netflix) disappears when i plug it in ( to charge) then immeadiately returns when i plug out. What do I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2257 2195 262 765
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi allysc73,

Try this:

1. Settings
  2. System
  3. Display
  4. Scroll down to Display Adapter Properties
  5. Catalyst Control Center
  6. Video
  7. Color
  8. Restore Defaults

Regards,

kem579

While I will try my best to attend to the forum conversation, due to academic priorities, I may be unable to get back to your request or question. I apologize for any inconveniences and I appreciate any other experts or agents that may take over for questions on my behalf...
allysc73 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you so much, however your solution failed. I followed all of your steps, but the result is the same. Do you have any other ways to fix this?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2257 2195 262 765
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi allysc73,

That's quite strange. Did you make sure to restart the laptop?

Try this:

1. Search up Device Manager
  2. Expand Display Adapters
  3. Right click the graphics card entity
  4. Hit Uninstall Device (Don't worry it will automatically reinstall)
  5. Restart

Regards,

kem579

While I will try my best to attend to the forum conversation, due to academic priorities, I may be unable to get back to your request or question. I apologize for any inconveniences and I appreciate any other experts or agents that may take over for questions on my behalf...
allysc73 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I played around with the custum adjusters (colors and hues) and it worked out for me. I think your solution better suits cases where the user manually messes with their color.  But thank you very much, I would have never fixed this without you help.

0 Kudos
fyallen Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This solution worked for me and it was so easy I just uninstalled the graphics card and lo & behold when I did the restart the videos are appearing in color.  Thanks so much

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation