Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (120 Views)

The problem with AHCI for operating system installation

Product Name: Pavilion dv6-6101er

Good afternoon! I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6101er laptop , and when you remove the system error is not possible , says something about ACHI , but the BIOS settings ASHI no parameters , so there is no POSSIBILITY to install the operating reference system on the computer. Help, or give driver model on the laptop motherboard .

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)

Re: The problem with AHCI for operating system installation

Having a little trouble following what you are trying to do. The storage controller is set to ahci by default and cannot be changed from that to anything else. What operating system are you trying to install and where in the process do you see the error? 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (93 Views)

image-31-05-16-12-29-3.jpegimage-31-05-16-12-29-3.jpegimage-31-05-16-12-29-1.jpegimage-31-05-16-12-29.jpeg

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

I am trying to install Windows 7 x64 and x86, and the installation process was as follows:
1. In the BIOS there is no position to switch on or off the AHCI mode that svob all installation Vindovs led to the fact that:
2. There are logical disks, but they can not install the system (when you select any of the discs) (screenshots included)
3. Just anywhere on the site, I have also found the drivers to be installed drives with this system (AHCI ).
4. When you install Windows 7 crashes such error 0x80070017

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation