Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello there is no sound on my laptop (Notebook)

HP Probook 4530s     

Serial Number:  {Private Information Removed}

Product number:  LJ518UT#ABA

well my issue is that there is no sound, driver installed correctly, if i play a song the volume icon shows me there is audio playing but nothing comes out of my speakers, i even tried using the 3.5 mm jack and there is no audio at all.

i tried with different windows versions and its still the same.

help please.

i bought this computer and it just came like that.

thanks in advance for your help.

PS. i did try what i read in tha post before but it didnt work for me

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following instructions to check and fix:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01912228

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

NOT it didnt work at all. i still have no audio, audio drivers are installed, but still no audio comes out from either speakers or front jack

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem...there is NO device listed at all now.  Yet the system says all the drivers are updated and correct. Any other ideas??

HP Recommended

The suggestion worked for me. It seems that an installation changed my default setting.

Control Panel > In System Security (Find and Fix Problems) > In Hardward and Sound Troubleshoot audio Playback >  Just follow the prompts then the system will find the problem for you.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

firstly delete all audio drivers on ur pc 

start < cmd < (click right and open admins.)

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

restart ur pc and install what u want install IDT driver , (doesnt matter which version)install and restart ur pc and listen ur music (:

HP Recommended

This resolved my problem....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL211je3YIE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.