cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pierrot Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin Client 5740

I'm kind of new around here, so I don't know if I'm at the right place to ask my question regarding Thin Client 5740.  Please someone let me know if there is a better forum / category/ board / tread to ask my question.  Thank you.

I've been trying to work with the thin client 5740 for quite sometime now.   I have a bunch of 5720 and 5730  running my own xpe image and I was trying to installed my image on this new thin.  The thing is, when I was formatting the flash drive with XPe, I only get 2 Gegs of space on my flash, where it is suppose to give me 4 Gegs.  So I was playing around on it to find a way to recreate the partition so I can have all the space available for my image, the 4 Gegs I mentionned before.  And this is where I screw up everything.  Now,  I think my CMOS is corrupt cause the system at boot up cannot detect my IDE controller anymore, so I don't have any flash drive anymore.  Didn't gain much by playing with it.

I found a BIOS update at HP but it didn't help me,

Questions:

Anybody know where I can find a CMOS for it?

Anyone know of a tool that would allow me to create a 4 Gegs partition for my Flash?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Pierrot Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thin Client 5740

I can see this is another one of those very usefull Forum.....

Thanks a lot everyone....

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation