Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recovery disk creation only allows you to make 1 set.

This is how to make a 2nd set of recovery disks. should you mess up the 1st time doing them, purchased a used notebook and the owner didnt supply you with them, if you loose them or they get damaged.

1) Delete the file RMCStatus.bin (hidden) from two places:

•   C:\Program Files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager\
  •   The root of a drive D:\ (RECOVERY partition)

2) Remove Rebecca.dat ( hidden) from:

• C:\Windows\System32\

Follow the instructions here:

HP Recovery Disk/USB Creation Instructions

Show Hidden Files and Folders:

2014-04-17_063518B.jpg

W8 users,,,,,,
In order to find the files to be deleted, you must change your folder options to show hidden files and drives. Type folder options in search to bring it up.

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

This varies from system to system depending on the version of recovery manager ans OS used to make the discs, I have a collection of methods over the years, thanks I will add it to my collection.

HP Recommended

Please, by all means post them here as well.

HP Recommended

Very useful...

Worked on my hp pavilion dv7-7000 quad edition.

Thanks for sharing this info !

:generic:

HP Recommended
This doesn't appear to work for an HP Envy 20 running Windows 8. Any suggestions?
HP Recommended

Hello StirCwazy,

Here is a document for creating recovery discs for Windows 8.  Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
given information is not about creation of second set of ricovery disks....please help me in creation of srcond set of hp recovery disks of model- HP 2000 notebook containing windows 8.
i have uncorrupted recovery partition & i have made 1st set of recovery dvds wich has damaged.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this really usefull information.

I had a problem with this issue and I examined it. My recovery flash memory had beed damaged,

and I needed to 2nd set of recovery disks.

It worked for my Pavilion dv6-6190se. :generic:

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

RMCStatus.bin

Rebecca.dat 

these 2 files are not exist in my PC .. what can i do to make 2nd recovery media 

using pavilion DV6-6120se

HP Recommended

Can not locate these two files:

1) Delete the file RMCStatus.bin (hidden) from two places:

•   C:\Program Files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager\

2) Remove Rebecca.dat ( hidden) from:

• C:\Windows\System32\

What to do any help? Uses HP pavilion 17

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.