Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nosk8fx Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thunderbolt 3 - always charging the Battery?

Thunderbolt 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

just bought Thunderbolt 3 dock for my HP ZBook G3 and everything works perfectly. But my concern is the Battery - is Thunderbolt always charging the Battery? Or is there some logic behind that it won't charge it until the charge is below X %?

I don't see the Battery charge dropping at all, which means it is charging, right? But how does that affect the Battery life/performance?

Thanks for any info.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thunderbolt 3 - always charging the Battery?

From what I have seen on my Zbook 15 G3 it will not charge at all from any source as long as the power is 95% or more. If it drops below 95% charging will start. So charging from the Tbolt 3 power source is no different than old school charging in that respect. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation