Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
erikor Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thunderbolt 3 dock disconnects intermittently

HP ZBook Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP Zbook Thunderbolt 3 Dock, 150W (part number p5q58aa#aba).  It is connected to an HP Zbook Studio G3 running an intel core i7-6700HQ CPU.

I have two HP EliteDisplay E231i displays connected to the display port ports on the dock, and am also using the Zbook's own display.  

Intermittently, the displays will go black for a few minutes then turn back on.  Also, intermittently the dock will seem to disconnect and I loose my displays as well as the ethernet on the dock.  When this occurs I must restart to restore dock functionality.

I have the latest driver (ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller (xHCI) Driver 1.16.38.1 Rev.A) and firmware (ASMedia ASM1042A Firmware Update for HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock 131025.10.11.23 Rev.A).

Any tips as to how I can get more consistent performance out of this dock?  It is kind ruining the experience of an otherwise fantastic notebook.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation