cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Harlan24 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Tips on downgrading dv6000 from Vista 32-bit to XP?

I'm looking to downgrade my dv6448se from Vista to XP after it just recently got its system board repaired/replaced due to the issue at: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01087277

Are their any tips the regulars, or anyone who has already undergone this procedure, could provide for this operation?  I have already made recovery disks through HP Recovery.   From what I've already It seems many of the dv6700 drivers are compatible across the dv6xxx line; will I need to flash BIOS?  Thanks in advance to all.  My specs are below:

Mainboard :    Quanta 30B7
Chipset :    nVidia nForce 410
Processor :    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-56 @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory :    2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card :    NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Hard Disk :    ST916082 (160 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive :    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M ATA Device
Monitor Type :    N154I2-L02  - 15 inches
Network Card :    Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Operating System :    Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1
DirectX :    Version 10.00
Windows Performance Index :    2.4

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Provost
Provost
11,604 10,842 773 4,451
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Here are all drivers for You.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,021
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Actually your model is one of the easy ones_ it uses same drivers as DV6000Z cto, for which HP has full XP driver set posted. HERE

Be sure to install Nvidia Chipset first of all after XP. For audio, MS UAA with a reboot before Conexant.Others can be done in pretty much any order.

Only models dv6500/dv9500 and above use the drivers from Jonah's guide posted above.Models below that use dv6000/dv9000 drivers.Dv6000Z/DV9000Z for AMD machines,DV6000T/DV9000T for Intel machines

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Teacher
Teacher
134 130 1 11
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Harlan24 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Took a long while to reply as work suddenly caught me by surprise last week, but yes, CheryG's post is a complete solution.  Thank you so much to the great Cheryl and all else that replied! 

If you own a dv6xxx underneath dv6500/dv900 and have had the system board/thermal pad replaced due to the issue mentioned in the Limited Warranty Service Enhancement, and want to downgrade to XP from Vista, I can confirm the following worked for me:

1. Make recovery disks before starting.

2. Install XP and don't forget to make system restore checkpoints as you progress

3. Get all the drivers below on a flash drive/CD and start XP.

4. Install the Nvidia Chipset driver here

5. Reboot and install the GeForce driver: (gfx will now function properly)

6. Reboot and install the Microsoft UAA bus driver

7. Reboot and install the Conexant Audio driver (sound is restored)

8. Reboot and install the HP Quick Launch drivers (quick launch buttons are restored; you shouldn't need the second driver set) 

9. Reboot and install the Broadcom Wireless driver (wireless is restored; the amber/blue light on the wireless switch should work fine)

10. Get online and install the other drivers as you see fit here (such as webcam, wireless assistant), plus any Windows Updates or programs you want, etc.

0 Kudos
drsuhasravindra Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Cheryl I request ur helpwith my hp pavillion dv6000 notebook.

I INSTALLED XP on it and was able to get all drivers exceptthe graphics and sound drivers. My service tag is dv6767tx.the drivers at the hpwebsite are absolutely useless.my system is intel centrino.

Pls Help

Cheers

Suhas 

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
11,604 10,842 773 4,451
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@drsuhasravindra,

Hi,

MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here

MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here

Conexant High-Definition Audio here

Unzip to a folder..use Device Manager,right click "Audio Device on HD",choose Update driver,
No to connect,
Install from a list or specific location,
Select Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install,
For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
Next...browse to the unzipped folder and choose the "WiSVHe5.inf".
Ignore XP when it complains.
Reboot.

Nvidia Graphic 8400M GS

Modded Nvidia drivers ver 185.85.

How to install them in XP:
   1. Download driver here, double click and select extract,
   2. Download from this site with drivers also INF Modified and replace original INF in extracted folder,
   3. Install & reboot.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,021
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@drsuhasravindra

If you don't have XP with SP 2,get it first: HERE

XP drivers from V6700TX will work for your model. Install Intel Chipset Installation Utility for ICH8 first and reboot before other drivers.

(see below also before continuing with other drivers):

Nvidia Graphics:
Some of the drivers above require .Net,MS UAA and Windows Installer 3.1 first.

MS UAA(required with a reboot before Realtek audio):

OR>>MS UAA for XP SP3:
.Net Framework(before Quick Launch):

Windows Installer 3.1(before Intel wireless):

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

drsuhasravindra Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank u so much 🙂 ll try them out tomo and let u know... thank u once again
0 Kudos
Jugney Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have an HP dv6308nr and have gotten all the drivers installed based off of the dv6000z CTO. However, my wireless still doesn't work. When I open the wireless program, it extracted the files, and showed an hourglass at the point the other driver programs went into an actual installation. However, this one never gets that far. Have tried it a few times.

UPDATE: I noticed when I go into "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel, a new program has shown up - Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN adaptor. There are associated files under C:\Program Files\Broadcom. So it appears it installed after all, but my wireless still doesn't work. My little light is orange. If I try opening HP Wireless Assistant from the Networking section of the Control Panel, nothing happens.

Under Hardware Devices, the 1394 Network Adaptor has a yellow circle with a question mark beside it. When I look at its properties, it says "This device cannot start (Code 10)."

Any advice?

Message Edited by Jugney on 09-13-2009 05:56 PM
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation