cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 922 21 144
Message 11 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch sensitive bar at the top of HP dv8 seems to be broken

When multiple people ask questions in one thread instead of starting their own, it becomes necessary to quote to keep track. The whole point of having a forum, rather than an email list, is so the conversation can take place on the forum where it may help others with the same issue, not via email.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,077
Message 12 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@janubande007 wrote:

The BIOS was updated and the old drivers were removed before installing new ones. However, I do not suggest reinstalling any firmware or software unless my other suggestions did not work for you.

I've had no issues with my dv8 since I made my previous post, so unless you have tried my suggestions and failed to solve the problem, please don't extend this post unnecessarily.

RECAP: The steps I suggested as described before are : 1.  Change Power Options as described before, 2. Disabling HP Tone Control and 3. Clean the Touch Buttons. Please see my previous post for details for each.

PS Kalt, its difficult for people to go through a potentially successful solution if you keep crowding and clouding it with contents of my previous post plus a one line personal question to me which you can email to me on here.

Thanks.

It's not a solution to disable software, it's a work-around.  As for the other comment, I am posting possible solutions to the original poster's issue and that's the point of a forum.  If you want an unclouded thread about your own issue...please start a new one.

0 Kudos
janubande007
Level 1
9 9 0 1
Message 13 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

KALT....Quote from my  2nd post "....but for us who cannot immediately give their PC for repairs, we need a solid work around and this is in my opinion our best shot until some other solution comes our way."

I called it a "WORK AROUND" originally and misused the word "solution" in my later post , however, it does not change the fact that I have a solid "WORK AROUND" which works because I have the same model dv8 Laptop, and same problem and I have diligently Posted it for the benefit of the community.

0 Kudos
janubande007
Level 1
9 9 0 1
Message 14 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So please refrain from nit-picking on a minor wording error just because I happen to disagree with your style of replies , look at this message, it is obvious that I'm replying to the "previous" one, if I was responding to some other message in between, including that message here would have been appropriate.

Anyway lets not get into an ego war here (myself included). If there's a new "SOLUTION" or problem with my "WORK AROUND", lets continue this post or other wise lets just stop it right here.

Cheers !

0 Kudos
Level 12
4,534 4,501 384 1,077
Message 15 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not nit-picking.  You're the one fussing about it.

The solution I've posted has worked, as I've performed it on one of these units.  Your solution worked for you...great!  It does not mean that it will work for everyone, so additional advice is offered.  This is a community forum, we're all here to help...not argue.

0 Kudos
Hasham07
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 16 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have Pavilion dv8 and I have the same problem. My wifi keep turning on and of also my treble/bass pop up and start changing the treble or bass at random intervals. it's very annoying.

I have follow these instructions : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Problem-with-Pavilion-dv8-top-slider-bar-treble-b...

but the problem still remains =(

0 Kudos
sammcc
5 5 0 0
Message 17 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my DV8, it started shortly after the HP update utility installed new drivers so I'm pretty certain this is a problem with a new driver (it never happened before the update and I notice people are posting about this since June).

My experience is that HP won't admit there's a problem but then they eventually work it out. The last problem for me was that the fan started running excessively after a bios update, about a month later HP offered a new bios update that didn't mention the fan issue but fixed it, and I've read similar stories from other HP customers. This isn't unusual, Apple seems to do the same thing - apparently they believe it's better for PR if they don't admit there's a problem but for me it is a big minus on an otherwise very good experience.

Anyway, disabling hptonectl.exe seems to have fixed it for me (I had previously cleaned the buttons and that seemed to do nothing). I'll wait for an updated version within a month or two and see if that works

0 Kudos
Hasham07
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 18 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried everything and I'm getting very irritated now, ohh well  I think I will send my laptop for repair after all.

0 Kudos
sammcc
5 5 0 0
Message 19 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, disabling hptonectl.exe fixed the tone control coming up on screen and changing but now the wireless/bluetooth keeps turning off and on. Anyone have a workaround for this? I'm fine with disabling the button(s) if you know how to do that.

0 Kudos
Hasham07
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 20 of 83
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to uppdate from Microsoft Windows update optional patch:

Hewlett - Packard Development Company, L.P. - HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

I got this information from this forum:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-Pavilion-dv8t-1000-CTO-treble-bass-indic...

I have dowloaded the patch, but problem still remains. You can give it a try maybe it will help you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation