cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NocturnalChris
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Mouse Stopped Working

ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, fellow HP-ers!

Hoping someone's expertise can assist me. I decided to clean out my fan by opening up my laptop keyboard. Unfortunately, I must've snagged a power strip or something because suddenly, the mouse stopped working. Does anyone know which power strip is for the mouse? Or if there's something to resecure in there? I've provided a photo for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

- Mr. Horrible DIY-er20161113_190947.jpg20161113_190929.jpg20161113_190912.jpg

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,454
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Mouse Stopped Working

@NocturnalChrisThanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and understand that after cleaning the interiors on the notebook, the touchpad does not respond. Maybe I can help you here. The HP ENVY x360 there are a lot of models. To find the exact model no. please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. However, in the second image, there's a thin flat long cable and that seems to be the touchpad cable. Let me know the outcome. Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation