Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 11 (210 Views)

Touchpad and keyboard not working in win 7 64 bit

Product Name: Hp pavillion g6 2008tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
This morning when powered on my laptop...i wasn't able to input the password through keyboard ...and even touchpad wasn't working so i then used a usb mouse it was working but usb keyboard was not working.when i put the laptop in recovery mode ,both laptop's keyboard and touchpad was working.plzz help i don't want to reinstall the windows again and also no restore point working as always it shows some bsod error!
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 11 (181 Views)

Re: Touchpad and keyboard not working in win 7 64 bit

Hi @sasuker,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with entering the password. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at the following documents.

Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
Message 3 of 11 (177 Views)

Thanks for assisting...i lost my recovery partition long way back ...so this one is a copy but my issue is not regarding windows.its not a hardware failure as keyboard is working but when windows opens keyboards stops as well as touchpad!but during bios setting abd recovery mode both are working!!
Retired
Message 4 of 11 (173 Views)

Hi @sasuker,

Thanks for getting back to me.

So not hardware as working in BIOS, that suggest there is something in Windows causing the issue.

Can you boot into safe mode and see if the keyboard is working?

On the start search box type "msconfig" and safe boot mode and restart.

Please get back to me.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Intern
Message 5 of 11 (168 Views)

No in safe mode too the keyboard and touchpad not working
Intern
Message 6 of 11 (167 Views)

In Device manager too yellow exclamation mark on ps2 keyboard and touchoad...i tried troubleshooter still no good
Retired
Message 7 of 11 (164 Views)

install windows.HI @sasuker,

That is not good, that means the OS is damaged. do you have a restore point from before this happened?

If not you should back up all data and reinstall windows.  The activate code will be on a sticker on bottom or under the battery. 

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Message 8 of 11 (162 Views)

Ummm....i didnt know that was windows code duhh...that sticker is damage !!! And i cant figure out the letters ...and about restore point ? Everytime i try tp use it even in safe mode windows show me a bsod error
Retired
Message 9 of 11 (154 Views)

Hi @sasuker,

Here are some documents for Blue screen.

top Error on Blue Screen Appears After Installing Platform Update for Windows 7 from Microsoft

Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Please keep me inform and I will continue to help.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Message 10 of 11 (153 Views)

I haven't made any windows upadate,i changed nothing.it just happened in one night! Even i hadn't connected my laptop to internet even!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation