cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad of my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (Laptop ) not working ??? Help ?

Yesterday , i use touchpad is normal , better speed no problem , last time i use Laptop no update driver automaticly , but today i use my touchpad have trouble , first i use , my mouse can move , i moving right it run right but stop hafl ( max range touch ) , i think maybe for my touch weak , i try again move from right to left , it run hafl , so i think virus on my laptop , i reset my lap . After my lap on , i move again but i didn't move right or left , just up and down although i keep moving left to right and right to left , it still move up and down , can't move left and right . So i uninstall driver , check hp driver touchpad new version , download and install but i still there , i try restart and last time it isn't move , standing in place , i use my mouse usb move normal , what is there problem ? Hardware or software ? I just bought laptop 4 days ago ( if in 1 weakeend pc got problem can trade other ) . Do you think i should trade new ? I tried Hardreset but it doesn't work , everthing , plz answer me fast i got 3 day left .... ( i use win 7 64bit sp1 ram 4gb nvidia GF ... if you need any picture i can take it and sending for you 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,789 3,298 152 320
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AndyKiet, welcome to the HP Forums!  Smiley Happy

I understand that you are having a problem with your touchpad on your notebook. I will try my best to help you with this issue.

In this document for Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 😎 are steps that may resolve your issue.

If this does not work, then please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Thank you and have great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what worked for me...

Go to and open;

Control panel

Device manager

Mice and other pointing devices

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Driver

Rollback Driver (Yes)

Update driver

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what worked for me...

Go to and open;

Control panel

Device manager

Mice and other pointing devices

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Driver

Rollback Driver (Yes)

Update driver

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, i spent almost the whole day trying to fix my touchpad, God bless you because your sujection worked for me. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to say, in all fairness, that it's becoming so tiring to have issue after issue and have to keep coming back to these forums for yet another string of troubleshooting, and drivers to update, and this fix or that fix.

How about the hardware and software implementation just actually working for a change? I don't know if its a Windows 8 issue, or the cheaper hardware of the HP15, but until last year I was using an HP Pavilion with Windows 7 and can you believe that things just worked? 

I should mention that updating the driver didn't work (it's already updated) and rolling it back wasn't an option. But why am I being asked to fiddle with this nonsense anyway? It's a touch-pad for Pete's sake, it should just work.

It's just been a really long time since I've bought a consumer product, electronic or otherwise, and had this many issues that I was constantly having to fix or send the product in for a fix.

I really don't have time for this. I wish I could just return this HP15 and go back to using a Mac, or at least jump back to a Pavilion and run the legacy version of Windows. It was at least stable, all the hardware features worked all the time, there wasn't this awful Flash interface to contend with...

Perhaps my instructor is right, maybe it's time to just go ahead and get into Linux.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you this also worked for me

0 Kudos
0 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THANKS I LOOOOVE YOUUUUU THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDD

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hei..even i m facing the same problem..from last week...issue not yet resolve...hp care dont help..simple told hardware issue...from where u purchesed u go there.

is your issue has resolved ???

if resolved plz let me know what u did ...to resolve the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
20,078 15,413 313 1,182
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation