cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Touchpad "clicks" when my thumb is close (but not touching)

HP Recommended

Thanks for reading.  I was able to find some software patch to repair this issue until the last windows upgrade about six months ago.  I cannot find a current fix.  I hate the touchpad and turn it off frequently because it will click to wherever the cursor is randomly.  I assume it is because my thumb is hovering near the touchpad.  I changed the sensitivity to the lowest possible and it still did it.  I tried updating the driver.  Nothing works since that update. Pavilion dv7 - qa668ua#aba

Please help!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 4
62 60 3 12
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hello this is hardware issue, call support for service software doesnt change anything in this case

Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A software update solved the problem before.  Then Windows updated and lost the patch for the touchpad.  I don't think that it is a hardware issue.  I have seen other posts elsewhere (I cannot find them now - drat) that talked about it and suggested the driver which I downloaded and solved this issue until the windows was updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try going into device manager and uninstalling the touch pad driver. After you uninstall it, go to the toolbar in device manager and select "Scan for hardware changes." Reboot your computer. Let me know if that helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, this didn't solve it.  I thought I would have to re-install the driver, but I didn't.  Did I do something wrong?  It required two reboots.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It automatically installs the driver when you search for hardware changes.

At this point, I would recommend a system recovery. Just make sure you back up all important files before attempting this.

Here is a link with steps on how to back up your files: http://goo.gl/8CZUK

And here is a link on how to perform the system recovery: http://goo.gl/qAJJ6

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I don't have time to do that right now, but I guess I will sometime soon.  I currently just disable the touchpad and use a mouse when it bothers me too much...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BTW

Thanks!

I'll post again after I do a system recovery.  I just hate it though.  It is like getting a new machine and having to spend hours changing all the defaults again.  I don't remember eveything I changed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not a problem! Also, I completely understand, it can be frustrating and I usually only offer the suggestion as a last resort. However I have seen it resolve this issue pretty accurately in the past. Just keep us updated and I hope everything works out for you!
Signature
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation