Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rogerhouston Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad stopped working

HP Stream Notebook PC11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchpad stopped working but it shows listed under programs as Snapsis Quick Pad Driver, however when trying to evoke it or uninstall it I get an error message: There was a problem C:\ Program Synaptics\Syn tp|SYNL SDLL.dll the specified module could not be found.  When I try to reinstall it I get a message that I have to uninstall it first to reinstall.  Also when I go to evoke it under Mouse & Touchpad, only the mouse shows up, nothing listed for the touchpad.  When I go into safe mode to see if the touchpad will work in safe mode I get a message that my system can't find some hardware (I assume it means my touchpad??)  I have read that some people said their touchpads stopped working when they went from Windows 8 to 10; however I have been using 10 all along.  So I have run out of options that I know of; can anyone help me get my touchpad working again?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Teacher
Teacher
111 6 4
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad stopped working

Can I ask,have you done a restart?

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad stopped working

I have done numerous restarts without any change in the touchpad.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1571 133 297
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad stopped working

Reinstall the Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support chipset driver from the hp.com site as noted here.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad stopped working

Your suggestion was the right solution; my touchpad now works perfectly!  Thank you so much and have a happy holiday season.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation