cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Touchsmart tx2 screen problem

HP Recommended
Hi, I purchased a laptop from 3 different local Best Buy's, all which I had to exchange..5 times. Im not sure if theirs a recall going on, but my tx2-1025dx capacitive touchscreen is missing its glossy layer and the display looks like theres shimmering, sparkiling type thing in it. Its hard to explain, but my best way to put it is that it looks like glitter all over the screen. It is not a driver problem, it shoes up in the bios and safe mode. It hurts my eyes. I was wondering if anyone else has this model number having the same problems. What should I do, I dont want to send it in to Hp because my return policy to best buy is 14 days. Please help, thank you.
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue.  I thought it was just the design of the screen but it does have a shimmer to it and it is not all that clear.  I purchased mine at best buy also.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You should call hp and let them know, they gave me a bs response..I want to know what they say for you, the total screen design is different than the displays at all best buys.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
does anyone know?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i had the EXACT problem!  i went home with my NEW touchsmart and thought i was crazy that the display didn't look like the one in the store- i had bought the last one, so to exchange it i was only able to get the floor model, but it was worth it because the difference in the displays were sooooo vast.  No one at Best Buy had ever seen an issue like there where all the serial/part #'s were identical and yet the display varied sooooo greatly.  Bring it back, and if they don't have any, WAIT for it to come in, because the difference is HUGE!  Good luck!

Dumbunny

Message Edited by Dumbunny on 02-09-2009 04:30 AM
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I already exchanged 5 times and their all like that, can you call hp and report it, I want them to do a recall.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
what did you end up doing?  I also just have a matte finish to the screen but wasn't aware it should be different and do notice the sparkles a bit adn just thought that had to do with the touchscreen element.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this problem, so do lots of others, check out these forums for details:

Screen specking issue 

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=23644

Details of 3 different screens for the same tablet!!

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=24316 

Bottom line - we need photos and more people need to report this to HP to get them to acknowledge the issue.

@cjenrich: It is not to do with the digitizer it is to do with the screen construction - people with the gloss screens dont have the sparkling issue.

Message Edited by tx2tablet on 03-05-2009 04:01 AM
Message Edited by tx2tablet on 03-05-2009 04:02 AM
Highlighted
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a different display problem: When starting the notebook or awaking from hibernate or stand-by, the whole display or its lower part becomes unusable.  There are two forms of this problem: either the screen is completely black and there are two parallel, horizontal white lines across the screen or there are some colors but they are completely "faded" at the lower part of the screen. In both cases, the computer becomes useless since there is no way to tell where the cursor is.After multiple reboots, one ends up at the regular state, but this is a real Russian roullette.

First I have worked multiple hours with the support personel over the phone ending up setting the computer to factory defaults but at no avail. Then, they asked me to send back the computer twice - the first time, it was returned without any repair, the second time, some options are checked in the repair report: Product was repair after duplication of the problem and the faulty party was indicated as "cable(s). But fresh out of box, at the initial boot up, I experienced exactly the same problem.  And after multiple attempts, I am getting to the regular display, but the problem repeats itself now and then.

The OS is vista home premium 64 bit. 

It goes without saying, I am terribly frustrated. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too had the problem with the glitery screen. I ordered 3 different times from best but and the second and third time I didn't even take the laptop out of the store. My only solution to the glitery screen was to return for a full refund.

The screen is NOT supose to look like that. It is a defective screen so if you have the glitery screen problem do NOT accept that laptop. Return it to where you got it or send it to hp.

I am really dissapointed with HP this time around. I really liked this laptop too, but with having so many problems I will not risk ordering one online or anywhere else. I hear the new models have the same problem too, Booooo.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation