Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CLO1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trouble Loading Windows Enterprise on HP Zbook Studio G3

HP ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a brand new out of the box Zbook Studio G3 with a 500GB SSD. These laptops come preloaded with Pro, however we have to use our Enterprise license and and bit-locker which is only available with Enterprise. 

I'm booting off a USB bootable with Win 7Enterprise, when prompted to load the storage drivers I input Intel Rapid Storage drivers downloaded from HPs website. It finds the driver attempts to load it with the progress bar, then when done shows no hard disk. I've tried looking at the it with Diskpart and it doesn't see the drive either. The laptop boots to Pro obviously and shows a drive in the BIOS so it's there. 

I called up HPs corporate support site and the tech said the storage driver I'm using should be the only driver for this laptop and does not know why it's not workin. Obviously HP was able to get Pro on to this laptop. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Just really needing a way to find the drive and install a clean version of Win7 Ent, nothing fancy. All bios options played with back and forth to no avail. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
49520 49492 9890 16843
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trouble Loading Windows Enterprise on HP Zbook Studio G3

Hi,

Are you installing to a NVMe PCIe SSD?

If so, see the following article.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05040446

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation