Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (4,110 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trouble Turning My Laptop On

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and I need some help with an issue.

My laptop won't turn on when I press the power button. A small light flashes for a moment, but other wise, nothing happens.

Above the light that flashes, is a small lightning bolt symbol...but I'm not sure what that means.

Please, if ANYONE can think of a solution or reason as to why it's not turning on, and what I can do to solve this problem, I woulod be most appriciative. I need my laptop for school and until I get this issue solved, I can't do my studies.

Thank you.

Maya M.

Message Edited by MayaMystery on 03-11-2009 09:53 AM
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble Turning My Laptop On

Trry this..remove the power cord,then the battery. Re-attach the power cord only and try to start it.If that works, shut down and replace battery.
View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 8 (4,090 Views)

Trry this..remove the power cord,then the battery. Re-attach the power cord only and try to start it.If that works, shut down and replace battery.
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (4,084 Views)

It worked! Thank you so much for the assistance and suggestion! I cannot thank you enough.

With greatest thanks,

Maya M.

Provost
Message 4 of 8 (4,072 Views)

You're welcome,glad to help. Do you have the latest BIOS installed? Use the "Support & Drivers" button at top of this page to find your drivers page to check. Use complete model number as listed on the Service Tag on bottom of the laptop_or use the 'Start Detection' feature.
Student
Message 5 of 8 (3,443 Views)

Hii.. well im having a problem with my laptop right now mm it doesnt turn on not even the light for the batery and when i try to turn it on a flash turns on and of and then stops i dont know what to do i really need my laptop for scool please can somebody help me!!
Student
Message 6 of 8 (1,545 Views)

I really need help as well. My father will kill me if I don't find out the problem... I took out the battery while the charger cord was in... is that bad? It won't turn on now and I've tried everything... the little light flashes for s split second when I hold the power butto... but that's it. I really need assistance. Please help.
Provost
Message 7 of 8 (1,537 Views)

@Ditsie101 

Try a hard reset, works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

Student
Message 8 of 8 (1,248 Views)

Well facing the same problem i tried out ur suggestions bt my computer won't budge pls hlp
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation