Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MayaMystery Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trouble Turning My Laptop On

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and I need some help with an issue.

My laptop won't turn on when I press the power button. A small light flashes for a moment, but other wise, nothing happens.

Above the light that flashes, is a small lightning bolt symbol...but I'm not sure what that means.

Please, if ANYONE can think of a solution or reason as to why it's not turning on, and what I can do to solve this problem, I woulod be most appriciative. I need my laptop for school and until I get this issue solved, I can't do my studies.

Thank you.

Maya M.

Message Edited by MayaMystery on 03-11-2009 09:53 AM
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
44129 3277 13681
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trry this..remove the power cord,then the battery. Re-attach the power cord only and try to start it.If that works, shut down and replace battery.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

MayaMystery Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It worked! Thank you so much for the assistance and suggestion! I cannot thank you enough.

With greatest thanks,

Maya M.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44129 3277 13681
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome,glad to help. Do you have the latest BIOS installed? Use the "Support & Drivers" button at top of this page to find your drivers page to check. Use complete model number as listed on the Service Tag on bottom of the laptop_or use the 'Start Detection' feature.

0 Kudos
Jezzii14 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hii.. well im having a problem with my laptop right now mm it doesnt turn on not even the light for the batery and when i try to turn it on a flash turns on and of and then stops i dont know what to do i really need my laptop for scool please can somebody help me!!
0 Kudos
Ditsie101 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I really need help as well. My father will kill me if I don't find out the problem... I took out the battery while the charger cord was in... is that bad? It won't turn on now and I've tried everything... the little light flashes for s split second when I hold the power butto... but that's it. I really need assistance. Please help.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44129 3277 13681
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Ditsie101 

Try a hard reset, works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

0 Kudos
Knice Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Well facing the same problem i tried out ur suggestions bt my computer won't budge pls hlp
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation