cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Roadkill81 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to download win 10 to usb via media creation tool....but it can't find my external harddrive

probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have win7 ultimate on this machine and I try download win10 but can't via usb,I've tried dl straight onto this pc also....but then it hangs up on getting the last updates,please help

the external HDD is a 500gb SSD runing fat32

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16212 16155 1509 3598
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to download win 10 to usb via media creation tool....but it can't find my external harddrive

Roadkill81

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but to create install media, it needs to be a USB  stick, not an external USB connected hard drive. 

I do know that you can use a FAT32-formatted USB sticks because I've used them myself to create Win10 install media.

As to downloading an ISO file, I don't know that the target drive MUST be formatted NTFS, but in all the cases where I've downloaded an ISO file, it was.  So, that might be a target drive format limitation.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation