cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SJR9212
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Solved!

Two day old HP Pavilion 15-ab254sa beeping?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ab254sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my laptop on the fourth and set it up in the evening. On the 5th, so the second day of owning it, I noticed that the laptop was making beeping noises, quiet ones and one occassional loud one. Being me, I figured it was just part of the laptop still setting itself up and continued on. Yesterday it made a huge beep when my parter was in the room who then told me the beeping was not normal. This is happening on boot, it is after the laptop has already been turned on and has begun to be used.

After googling the problem a bit, lots of forums were recommending to test the laptop by pressing F2 on boot. Seven hours of BIOS tests later, all the results came back as normal. 

I have no idea what is wrong with the laptop? It is two days old, it shouldnt have anything wrong with it in the first place.

Nothing was actually happening when it made the loud beep as the laptop was just sitting. The laptop is also making intermittent quieter beeps as well but they arent happening with enough regularity to detect a code as some other users have done. I am seriously confused. 

One of the smaller beeps happened when I pressed shift and then a number when I was typing. They seem to happen at random though as doing the same thing doesnt produce the same results.

I'd appreciate some help on sorting this out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SJR9212:

Welcome to HP's forum. Two day computer. Look on the bright side least it didn't catch on fire like mine did right out of the box. You have two options. I would go with number one.

1.  Is stop dealing with it and return it back to the store and if you rented take back to rental store. Let them deal with HP's Nightmare HP Direct Support. Most stores carry a thirty day return policy. Just get your money back or                  exchange it.  

2.  Is contact HP's Direct Support witch I very highly do not reccomed or wish it on any body. Your computet does come with a one year warranty . If you do choose this route you will be with out a computet for six weeks minimum  because they will take in service. No telling how much damaged will be done when you get back. 

I know first hand how horrible HP Direct Support is. My HP Touchsmart 1050 went in six times straight because they did not fix it correctly . After the sixth time I didn't have touch abilities in lower section of screen. They offered to take it back again for the seventh time. I turned it down and took it to local repair shop  for replacement parts  and labor it cost $1,100.00  I had my computer totally rebuilt I got it back with in the week. That is only one computer. My orginal lap top no longet excists was replaced with one new computer that caught on fire right out the box. Then the replacement for burt computer in less then a month went back for the replacement of the hard drive.

Today it just sits there I barely use it becuse it always is having issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . 

If was me I would ask for my money back and buy a different brand computer altogether . My Sony VGC-LT25E vista computer has out lasted my four HP computers is much faster then HP's Windows 7 computers are has not had a issues what's ever runs like a charm.  Now I am going to save my money up and buy an Apple computer because my Sony computer is getting up their in years.  This computer still this day being used cost just as much as it did new. $1,400.00 range.  That's up to you now. frrw

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
14 REPLIES 14
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SJR9212:

Welcome to HP's forum. Two day computer. Look on the bright side least it didn't catch on fire like mine did right out of the box. You have two options. I would go with number one.

1.  Is stop dealing with it and return it back to the store and if you rented take back to rental store. Let them deal with HP's Nightmare HP Direct Support. Most stores carry a thirty day return policy. Just get your money back or                  exchange it.  

2.  Is contact HP's Direct Support witch I very highly do not reccomed or wish it on any body. Your computet does come with a one year warranty . If you do choose this route you will be with out a computet for six weeks minimum  because they will take in service. No telling how much damaged will be done when you get back. 

I know first hand how horrible HP Direct Support is. My HP Touchsmart 1050 went in six times straight because they did not fix it correctly . After the sixth time I didn't have touch abilities in lower section of screen. They offered to take it back again for the seventh time. I turned it down and took it to local repair shop  for replacement parts  and labor it cost $1,100.00  I had my computer totally rebuilt I got it back with in the week. That is only one computer. My orginal lap top no longet excists was replaced with one new computer that caught on fire right out the box. Then the replacement for burt computer in less then a month went back for the replacement of the hard drive.

Today it just sits there I barely use it becuse it always is having issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . 

If was me I would ask for my money back and buy a different brand computer altogether . My Sony VGC-LT25E vista computer has out lasted my four HP computers is much faster then HP's Windows 7 computers are has not had a issues what's ever runs like a charm.  Now I am going to save my money up and buy an Apple computer because my Sony computer is getting up their in years.  This computer still this day being used cost just as much as it did new. $1,400.00 range.  That's up to you now. frrw

View solution in original post

corrine099
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have got the same problem !!!

i bought my HP 15-ab254sa laptop on boxing day and the beeping started on day 3 i didnt really notice it until my other half said what is that annoying beeping noise !!!

i dont know what to do to stop it HELLLPPPP 

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello corrinr099: Welcome to HP's forum. Plain English you both need to return your lap tops back to the store. Plain and simple. Beeping computers means. There is hardware failure understand now. Dealing with HP Direct Support is not worth the time or day. You both have brand new computers that do not work. Let the store deal with HP's Direct Support. In the mean time you can be enjoying a new working computer after you exchange it. What is so hard about that? After a couple years of using it I can see trying to fix it a beeping computer but not right out of the box brand new. These are headaches that you do not want period. It is bad enough trying to figure out Windows 10 and using your new computers with out these Major issues. Yes I can post the troubleshooting steps for beeping but it is a waste time for me and you. Not when you can be enjoying a new working computer like you should be doing now. On electronic devices stores have a 30 day return policy. Your computers come with one year warranty . You can contact HP Direct Support and be out of a computer for at least a month while they fix it. Then when you get it back you do not know if it will work or not. These computers are being made by cheapest way possible and on mass production. So there are going to be faulty computers made. So happens a few people like you two get one. That's why stores have 30 day return policies in the first place. HP has one year warranty to fix those bad computers that get sold. If hardware fails isn't caught right away. Please stop figuring out as to the whys and return your computers back. frrw
SJR9212
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply ffrw - I didn't unfortnately pick up the email for it today before going back into the shop which I really wish I had done!! I decided after posting that I was just going to take it back anyway because like you say, a two day old latop shouldnt be doing this out of the box - I know that much at least.

I really, really liked the laptops spec however so asked to just exchange it as they advised it might just be a one off, or related to the batch (I went to a different store) I bought from. So I bought another one and what do you know, this is literally doing the exact same thing.

I will be taking it back tomorrow morning (thank god I am off University and have time to do this) and getting a refund. I am really disappointed to be honest. I loved my HP Envy and intended to stick with HP due to how well it ran but now I am not so sure and will be on the hunt for a different brand I think.

Thanks for your advice ffrw, and Corrinr099, I would definitely recommend that you take it back to the store as I have and do not accept an exchange for the same product. Doing that has just wasted more of my time. Good luck and I hope you manage to get it sorted!

corrine099
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I will be returning my laptop to currys tonight !
ChelsiexKiss
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, my HP Pavilion 15-ab254sa is doing the same right now! Have you had any luck with it? Or have you returned it?

Thank you in advance.

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ChelesiexKiss:

They all returned their lap tops. Above post said he would return it later on to night. Trust me you want to do the same. No point of dealing with a faulty new computer especially one you can not even turn it on. Beeping computers means there is a major hardware failer. Let the store deal with it. You should be enjoying a new computer and not have to deal with a new garbage computer. Please read previous post above. I hope you will make a very wise decision. You are welcome frrw. 

ChelsiexKiss
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you, I returned the item today and they replaced it. Got home to find the new laptop mouse pad didn't work and the beeping started again! A dodgy batch of laptops if you ask me! I now have a full refund!
corrine099
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I took mine back and replaced with a completely different laptop not a hp and I have had no problems at all !
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation