Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Blacky_kun Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UEFI BIOS Access, Changing Boot Drive Order To SSD

HP Pavilion 15 n204tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion 15 n204tx Notebook with Windows 8.1 running. Now I would like to install a SSD by replacing the optical drive. I am not an expert and I did some digging. I heard that before I install Windows to the new SSD, I should change settings in BIOS to AHCI concerning my hard drive. My Problem now is that I can't find it in BIOS. Where can it be found and maybe changed?

Is it really needed to change BIOS mode? What are my alternate choices?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
73978 73868 8994 19352
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UEFI BIOS Access, Changing Boot Drive Order To SSD

Hi,

No, you can't do that. You have to swap SSD and HDD. Put old HDD to the caddy.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation