Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sammie16295 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UEFI Mode

HP ENVY 15-Q006TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop shipped in with W8 in UEFI mode.

After a warranty claim, where its complete motherboard was replaced, I factory reset it, only to find that the entire recovery partition was gone.

Then I ordered its recovery drives through HP Chat support.

Put the 1st recovery DVD drive, in uefi mode, and saw the error message that "the recovery media does not support this PC". Was very dishearted.

Now I'd like to know how to run W10 in UEFI mode. Currently I'm running W10 in legacy mode.

Any help?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sammie16295 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UEFI Mode

this link contains my previous thread when I bought the recovery media.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Media-Error-0130-YYY-UU...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation