cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SunnyCee
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

USB Ports not working - HP-Pavilion-15-n230se-Notebook-PC-Corei3-3217u CPU)

HP Recommended

Please I need some help for my Laptop - HP-Pavilion-15-n230se-Notebook-PC-Corei3-3217u CPU, (Windows 8.1 Enterprise) The two USB ports on the left side of the Laptop stopped working for just no reason. The two doesnt show any sign at all, not even saying USB device not recognized. I just doesnt act as if it is one of the laptop's hardware. Please what could be the problem? This is just a month old Laptop.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ManjunathTech
Level 13
Level 13
5,903 5,828 465 1,596
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5295980&spf...

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-devices-not-working-windows

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
SunnyCee
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Manjunath, i have tried all the solutions proferred on those links except the one that involves editing the Registry (regedit), non of them worked. The Microsft USB fix tool does'nt support windows 8.1.

Again, it seems that the 2 USB ports on the left side of the computer is not being powered anymore by the computer because when i check the current reading via the Device Manager-Generic USB Hub-Power is showing 0mA, but when i plug the same flash drive to the single working USB port on the right side, it will read 200mA.

Any other help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

ManjunathTech
Level 13
Level 13
5,903 5,828 465 1,596
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Only last option i can let you know is to perform a recovery before this kindly back up your data. Also if this does not work then you might have to call HP Technical support to get the unit serviced for USB Port issue.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
SunnyCee
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok, thanks. I will try that.
Reezle
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey guys, i know this is late, but for any coming here in the future 🙂

Push Windows Key + R

Type devmgmt.msc and push Enter

Find the USB setting with the Triangle error logo

Right click on it and go to properties

Click on the Drivers tab and click "Uninstall"

After successfully uninstalling drivers click back to the tab called "Device Manager"

Click action and Scan For Hardware Changes

I hope this works, Enjoy your USB devices 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation