Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CinosModnar Tutor
Tutor
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED)

EliteBook 2740p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a used EliteBook 2740p and was disappointed at the battery life (probably due to years of use on the battery), so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life. Today, it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work.

When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed, the battery (lightning bolt) LED starts to flash amber and for the most part, does not stop until I remove it. In Windows, the internal battery shows up as "Battery 2" and reports nothing installed for Battery 1.

If I only have the external battery installed, the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in, and the computer reports no batteries installed.

I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here (unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for ~20 seconds), but that did not help.

I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery. I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed it was tested and that it worked. Do I need to use the docking station to charge it? My guess is no since it has its own battery connection, but I can't really find much information about it. There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference (I've tried both tapping it and holding it down).

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
marisa2016 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED)

Hi!

I think you have a problem with the battery. Faced with this, in the changed EliteBook Folio 1020. Try to imagine another battery, such as a large selection here: https://yepo.com.au/computers/notebook-accessories/notebook-power.htm
Incidentally, the problem with the power supply. Take the set immediately. Save money.

Health battery;)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation