Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
2013 ultra slim docking statio

Hi, when I connect my laptop (Elitebook) to the ultra slim docking station, the docking station does not charge the lap top ( I now have a'dead' laptop.

the laptop appears to engage well with the docking station, although having said that the little push button above the docking connector ( that you push to the left to engage the laptop) does not light up ( it momentarily flickers when I push the sliding connector

Anyone got any suggestions?

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It could be a combination of 3 things.  The AC Adapter, the EliteBook and/or the Dock.

Something to attempt.

Plug the AC Adapter for the EliteBook in directly.  The barrel of the EliteBook AC Adapter (4.5 mm) is smaller than the AC Adpater for the Dock.  This will eliminate the dock as a potential problem.

If you are still having issues I suggest that you contact HP Technical Support.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended
Joel, sincere thanks for your response. Alas I don't have the laptop charger cable with me ( I am at my holiday house and only have the docking station (DS)I will contact the help desk. Looking at it again, I think it is the power switch ( little black button) on the right hand side of the DS. When I mate the laptop and DS and push the docking lever, the power light flickers for a nano second , but no power to the laptop- I can see the light on the back of the DSso power is getting to the DS, just not to the laptop. Greetings from France. Chris
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.